Fallingbrook Community Association

Minutes of the Board of Directors Meeting

21 February 2005, Cumberland Town Hall

 

Those present:

Sonia Brereton (representing Marc Godbout), Bob Monette (representing Phil McNeely), Herb Kreling, Ted Macias, Eric Tousignant, Zybina Richards (chair), David Villeneuve

Regrets:

Marc Cappelli (in Mexico), Don Pottier (in Cuba), Louise, Brenda Spearman, Paul Pelletier.

Previous minutes (Zybina) Corrections to spelling of Cappelli and Pelletier  
Treasurers Report Report was e-mailed last week by Don. Deferred to next meeting
MP's report (Sonia)
  • Town Hall meeting on 24 Feb
  • federal budget 23 Feb
  • Canada Day on Petrie support by Mr Godbout
 
MPP's report (Bob)
  • Provincial grant of $49k in mail to Sonshine Family Ministries for plans and pilot acquatics program at Petrie Island
  • Ted asked how Hydro Ottawa takeover of Ontario Hydro customers is coming
Bob will report back about Ontario Hydro
Councillor's report (Herb)
  • City budget, taxes up $100 for average $247,000 house
  • Most items that raised complaints from last year's budget cuts were reinstated
  • Ray Friel ice pads on target for Sep 2005 opening
  • Petrie Island capital budget of $900k for washrooms, change rooms, water, septic, larger parking lots.  Life guards will be funding pending water quality tests.  Dedication of Stuemer Park on July 1.
  • Canada Day plans progressing
  • Ward boundary consultants report not well accepted, all east end councillors prefer status quo
 
Garage Sale (David) Date set for May 14, now on web site Don for newsletter, George for newspaper advertising
Volunteer Awards (Zybina) David and Marc will form nominating committee, will solicit nominations Herb's office will correct a certificate from last year

Zybina will check availability of Town Hall cafeteria, will set date

CRC (Zybina) Tenth annual Charity Auction on 13 April.  Advertised on our web site  
Rinks (Zybina) E-mail from Marc McGee of City, concerning complaint at Maple Ridge -- Mess in storage room, attending sleeping there, vandalism in girls washroom Paul will respond to Marc
Petrie Island Acquatics (David) Meeting on 17 Feb with interested parties at Sonshine Families office.  They want representatives from FCA, QHCA, FOPI, and boating people.  $49k funding in mail.  Will define plan, pilot project in 2006, apply for 3-5 year Trillium funding David will inform Len Goddard that no FCA person is interested in serving on steering committee.
Canada Day on Petrie (Zybina)
  • Angela getting sponsors, but only Herb and Rob are on so far
  • Zybina and Anne Marie Lafontaine doing programming
  • David doing fireworks
  • Sonia from GO SPorts CLub doing flea market, and beer tent
  • Fred talking to Casino de Hull re sponsorship
  • Sonia: must apply for Heritage Canada grant soon
  • Herb: must apply for City grant of $3000, Dan Brisebois will look for it.
  • Herb: applying to Lions Club for insurance coverage
  • Herb: policing will cost real money this year
  • David: Yves Grandmaitre says there must be access to the boat launch area for his customers
 

Meeting adjourned at 9:05 pm

Minutes by David Villeneuve