Association Communautaire

Fallingbrook

Community Association

 

Minutes of meeting held March 21, 2005 (8:00 p.m.)

 

Attendees: Phil McNeeley, Sonia Brereton, Marc Cappelli, David Villeneuve, Paul Pelletier, Don Pottier, Eric Tousignant, Zybina Richards, Brenda Spearman.

 

Subject

Discussions/Decisions

 

Agenda

The Agenda was accepted on a motion by Paul Pelletier, and seconded by Don Pottier.

 

Minutes

The minutes were approved on a motion by Eric Tousignant and seconded by David Villeneuve.

 

Treasurer

The financial situation of the FCA is healthy. There is currently a surplus showing of about $2,000.00, though expenses have been incurred on that amount. The full fiscal picture will be given at the Annual Gneral Meeting. The last rink grant cheque has not yet been received. Don is still waiting from Serco to see if the parking lot is available for the Homeniuk fund raiser.

Treasurer's report was accepted on a motion by Don and seconded by Paul.

MPís report from Marc Godboutís Office as given by Sonia Brereton

  • Fred Sherwin will be given the application for the Canada Heritage Grant for Canada Day.
  • HRDC is taking applications for paying to hire a student. Sonia has the application forms.
  • Funding is also available for multicultural events.

MPP report from Phil McNeeley

         Phil has been working with the City on some new initiatives.

         There is a new steering committee starting for the Community (Team Ottawa-Orleans).

         Health care is at the crisis point for Orleans, as there is a shortage of family doctors.

Volunteer Awards

Saturday May 14th at Ray Friel. (The garage sale is the same day.) The deadline for nominations for the Volunteer Awards is Friday April 29th. Brenda will ask for nominations from the Public Schools. Marc will ask for nominations from the Arc-en-ciel, Urgent Care and the Library. Zybina will ask for nominations from the English Separate Board. Eric will ask for nominations from Jeanne Sauve and Des Pionneers. Don will ask for nominations from the Girl Guides.

Rink Report

Paul indicated the net would be about $4,000.00 this year which is down about $1,300.00 in grants from last year. The season went into the second week in March. Gardenway had access to water problems and requires better lighting. Fallingbrook had less access to change rooms, resulting in slightly less attendance. Paul may ask Jim Desprey to help on rink operations next year.

Canada Day

Davidís major concern at this point is money. The estimated costs are around $31,000.00. Fred has some sponsors. Zybina suggested that the FCA might consider sponsoring the Kids Fair, which will be looked at later for consideration.

Open Discussion

Zybina asked Phil why students cannot accumulate Community Service Hours during the summer of grade 8 prior to moving to grade 9.Sonia suggested that the FCA could apply for a grant to put together a data base for community volunteer placements in the east end.

 

Meeting adjourned at 10:10 p.m.Next meeting Monday, April 18, 2005 at 8:00 p.m. at the Orleans Client Service Centre, 255 Centrum Blvd., Room 340

 

Minutes prepared by Brenda Spearman