Fallingbrook Community Association
Minutes of the Executive Meeting
20 February 2006
Ray Friel Centre
Zybina Richards, Don Pottier, David Villeneuve, George
Blake, Doug Feltmate, Catherine Greenidge (representing Bob Monette), Marc
Cappelli, Philippe Berthiaume (representing Royal Galipeau), Bob Monette, Royal
Regrets: Paul Pelletier, Ron Jette (Chamber of Commerce), Brenda Spearman,
Dawn Stroz, Louise Lapensee
- Moved (Don) and seconded (Marc)
Minutes from November 2005 Meeting
- Moved (George) and seconded (Don) to accept the minutes.
Treasurer's Report (Don Pottier)
- Presented his treasurers report for year to date.
- Don confirmed that Paul has received the second of three City cheques for the rink
- Don moved to accept financial statement, seconded by George, passed.
Phil McNeely MPP
- Zybina had enquired with Phil's office about the status of the Sonshine
Family's Trillium grant application that we had supported last year.
She has not received any information.
Rink Report (by Don on behalf of Paul Pelletier)
- Maple Ridge rink had ice in December, then lost it in the January thaw,
has been given up on
- Gardenway rink has been looked after partly by Jamie Sheldrick who does
the Fallingbrook rink
- Fallingbrook rink is in the best condition of all
- Marc McGee, the City's rink coordinator, is running a rink south of
Innes, but is not doing any better than ours
- Paul says he has received the second of three rink grant cheques
Petrie Island Report (Zybina)
- Management Committee will meet Feb 21
- They don't want user groups represented (PIOC, Sonshine), so Rick Snell
cannot be FCA rep
- FCA will rotate its reps (Zybina first, then Marc)
Homeniuk Amusement Rides
- Don reports that Randy Homeniuk would prefer to be closer to Canada Day
- Don is investigating land south of Trim Road Park and Ride, perhaps
owned by Loblaws
Catherine Greenidge on behalf of Bob Monette, Councillor
- From last month's action item, there is no heat in any transitway
station due to unsafe infrared heaters
- Ray Friel access road study in progress
- Ray Friel road potholes have been filled with cold patch, will be filled
with hot mix in summer
- Sean Crossan has formed Cardinal Creek Community Association (east of
- Bob has formed a multicultural committee for Orleans, meeting Feb 23
- City motion to maintain employment lands north of 174, not rezone to
- Police inspector Bordeleau holding a meeting for demographics for future
- Enbridge BBQ and tent available for free for events
- George asked about Ontario Hydro selling Cumberland power lines to
Ottawa Hydro, Bob replied that there has been no progress from Phil
McNeely's office on this
Doug Feltmate for Team Ottawa Orleans
- They are looking for more people on Team Ottawa Orleans
- The proposal to build an athletic facility at Carine Wilson school is
- Family Health Team application has been submitted for provincial funding
- Web site is being developed for free
Royal Galipeau MP
- Met with Team Ottawa Orleans, all 4 councillors
- Met president of NRC to investigate spinoffs, discussed moving remote
institutes back to Ottawa for better critical mass
- Met with Shankman Corp. about their concept plan for a National Security
Cluster. They hold 250 acres south of Innes by Mer Bleu Road.
There is no proposal or plan, just a concept.
- The meeting was adjourned at 9:25 pm.
Minutes recorded by David Villeneuve