Fallingbrook Community Association
Minutes of the 2006 Annual General Meeting
29 May 2006
Ray Friel Centre
Zybina Richards, David Villeneuve, Marc Cappelli, Eric Tousignant, Don Pottier,
Paul Pelletier, George Blake, Patrick Wall (chair of 4th Orleans Scout Group),
Ken Marentette (manager of Ray Frield Centre), Catherine Greenidge (representing Bob Monette), Philippe Berthiaume (representing Royal Galipeau
MP), Dawn Stroz (representing Phil McNeely MPP), Royal Galipeau MP (at end)
Brenda Spearman, Suzanne Sanford
- Moved (Paul) and seconded (Don)
Minutes from AGM of 16 May 2005
- Moved (Don) and seconded (Paul) to accept the minutes.
Treasurer's Report (Don Pottier)
- Don presented the annual financial report of the FCA. It showed a
surplus of $565.99.
- The annual report was approved on a motion by Don and Eric.
- Don expressed concern that we can keep Homeniuk amusement rides as our
- Don presented a FY2006-07 budget. It was accepted after a motion
by Don and seconded by George.
Ken Marentette (manager or Ray Friel Centre)
- Serco has hired additional staff to clean the facility
- security in evenings to reduce vandalism
- repairs to infrastructure
- restaurant will open in May, more family style
- Marc thanked Ken for his help with the volunteer awards evening.
Philippe Berthiaume on behalf of Royal Galipeau MP
- Carrine WIlson AACP sportsplex proposal supported by MP, application for
funding to Infrastructure Canada
- Trying to encourage defense establishment in east end
Dawn Stroz on behalf of Phil McNeely MPP
- Robert Paiment is new executive assistant to Mr McNeely
- Dawn and Philippe say they have not been informed about the Petrie
Island Advisory Committee
Catherine Greenidge on behalf of Councillor Bob Monette
- The Multicultural Committee held a festival with 200
- Councillor Monette is working with Mr McNeely to get
Ottawa Hydro to replace Ontario Hydro in Cumberland
- Dog parks have been listed as on or off leash
- Youth consultation with representatives from local
high schools -- they want more facilities for teens
- Eric asked if Bell Canada will harmonize calling
areas, e.g. long distance between Kanata and Orleans
Petrie Island Report (David)
- Boat launch to open this summer at Grandmaitre property, will give
better access to river.
- Change room / shower facility may be built this year on beach
Web Site (David)
- Zybina complained about too much spam going to fallingbrook.com.
David will change the forwarding address for all mail sent to the web
Garage Sale (David)
- Garage sale on Saturday May 13 was rained out for the third year in a
row. It was agreed to move the date to the first Saturday in June.
Canada Day (David)
- FCA will look after everything under the Kids Tent. Tent and Rays
Reptiles will be provided by Fred Sherwin.
- Ken has no problem with Homeniuk Rides at the RFC parking lot.
- Eric says city has no problem with helium balloons
Volunteer Awards Evening (Zybina)
- The committee thanked Ken for saving the evening for us, and hosting a
really great evening. The venue was much better than the previous
rooms in RFC.
- Don will print the next newsletter in June, with material about Canada
Day, volunteer awards.
4th Orleans Scouting Group (Patrick Wall)
- Patrick e-mailed this report:
- Annual participation in the Scouts Canada Scout Trees. Many trees
were planted along the North Service Road off Trim. Also, our own Scout
Troop planned the Scout Trees activities for the Odawa Area as well.
- Both Packs participated in the Kub Kar Rally in April. 4th Orleans
will manage Kub Kars next year, hopefully, with mentoring from Rockland
who have done a great job the past few years.
- Annual advancement ceremonies were held at Petrie Island. Many youth
moved up this year. Considering starting a 3rd Pack in September.
- Apple Day – Apple Day was held at the Loeb Cumberland Market on the
first Saturday in October.
- Falls Cleanup – annual event which took place on May 7.
- Will be participating in the Canada Day events.
- Fall BBQ at Petrie Island. This event started our activities in
September. BBQ was open to all past members of 4th Orleans.
- Annual BP Dinner was held on February 11. This dinner celebrates the
birthday of the founder of the Scouting Movement, Lord Baden-Powell.
City Councilor Rob Jellett attended.
- Participated in the ‘Parade of Lights’.
- Participated in the Remembrance Day ceremonies downtown. One of our
scouts was chosen to lay a wreath at the Memorial.
- FCA will address the annual donation to 4th Orleans in fall.
Election of Class A Directors (David)
- David explained that nominations for the Class A directors closed last
week, and that there were four nominations for four positions.
Therefore the following were aclaimed as Class A directors for FY 2006-07:
Zybina Richards, Eric Tousignant, Don Pottier and David Villeneuve.
- The following were elected as Class B directors: Marc Cappelli
(communications), George Blake, Paul Pelletier (rinks), Brenda Spearman.
- The appointments were passed after a motion by David and Paul.
- The meeting was adjourned at 10:00 pm.
Minutes recorded by David Villeneuve
Special Meeting of the New Class A Directors held immediately after the AGM
- The four newly elected Class A Directors appointed the following
officers of the FCA for FY 2006-07:
- Zybina Richards (president)
- Eric Tousignant (vice president)
- Don Pottier (treasurer)
- David Villeneuve (secretary)
The meeting was adjourned at 10:05 pm