Fallingbrook Community Association
Minutes of the Executive Meeting
18 September 2006
Ray Friel Centre
Zybina Richards, David Villeneuve, Marc Cappelli, Don Pottier, Patrick Wall
(4th Orleans Scouts), Catherine Greenidge (late), Louise Lapensée (representing Rob Jellett),
George Blake, Eric, Dale-Anne Kuhn, Jack Sloggett (GDG-Environment), Réal
Regrets: Brenda Spearman, Nick O'connell
Treasurer's Report (Don Pottier)
- Don sent the financial statement earlier by e-mail.
4th Orleans Scouts report by Patrick Wall, group chairman
- 100th anniversary of Scouting, trying to collect history of the 4th
- Registration is 180 youth, up from last year
- Cleaned up Fallingbrook Falls, Scout Trees, apple day as fund raisers
- They pay $15 per hour for each school gym
- Moved by George, seconded by David, that the FCA, being the official
sponsors of the 4th Orleans scout group, contribute $1000 to the 4th
Orleans. Don wrote the cheque and handed it to Patrick.
Jack Sloggett (GDG Environment Ltd)
- Gave a presentation on the 50 types of mosquitoes.
- GDG treats the water in eastern Gatineau, reduces mosquitoes by 80%
- Use a natural bacteria that kills the larvae but harms nothing else.
- Cost to treat Orleans for the nuisance mosquitoes is $10-20 per
- Dale-Anne Kuhn is involved in Orleans football league, has been trying
for 4 years to get city to do something about mosquitoes, particularly at
Minutes recorded by David Villeneuve, who had to leave at 9:40 pm.