Skyline of Fallingbrook
                       |      Home        |        About Us           |          Contact Us         |         Links

Minutes of 16 April 2007

Fallingbrook Community Association

Minutes of the Executive Meeting

16 April 2007

Ray Friel Centre

Those Present:

Zybina Richards, David Villeneuve, Don Pottier, Eric Tousignant, Marc Cappelli, Nick O'Connell, George Blake, Brenda Spearman (non executive guests were asked not to attend this policy meeting).

 

Previous Minutes (David Villeneuve)

  • Minutes of Feb 2007 were approved (Eric, Don).

Matters Arising

  • Don reported that all rink cheques for the season have been received.

Treasurer's Report (Don Pottier)

  • Don submitted the year-end report for FY 2006-07, ending 31 March 2007.
  • It showed a deficit of $3792.86.
  • Don discussed some of our larger expenses, e.g. Parade of Lights, Newsletter.
  • Homeniuk amusement rides will not come this year.
  • Don moved and Zybina seconded that the treasurers report for FY2006-07 be accepted.  Passed.

Canada Day

  • FCA will spend approximately $1500 on Greater Orleans Canada Day, direct spending on the Kids Tent area that we will continue to operate.

Garage Sale

  • Garage sale will take place May 26, later than usual due to poor weather in early May from previous years.
  • Zybina will call Harley Bloom about signs, will check in storage room at NDC for garage sale signs and T-bar posts.  She will advise Marc if new signs are required.
  • George will do advertising in local newspapers
  • David will be in Germany, so will be unable to help putting up or taking down signs.

Volunteer Awards Evening

  • We will do the volunteer awards event only every second year, next in 2008.
  • There will be no volunteer awards evening in 2007.  Zybina will inform those who have been invited.

Oktoberfest

  • FCA will contribute cash only, no labour.

Political Debates

  • Marc will choose a date for the provincial debate this fall that is acceptable to the candidates.  He will advertise this date to other community groups that may want to hold their own.
  • FCA will co-host this and other debates with other community groups as desired, and costs will be shared.

Fallingbrook Newsletter

  • Don says that it costs $700 to print, $800 to mail by Canada Post, each issue.
  • He questioned the value of the newsletter, given the amount of mail we receive.
  • Perhaps one Newsletter per year with information about the community
  • David will look into a way for people to sign up on the web site to receive monthly electronic newsletters.

Donations

  • CRC $500
  • Scouts $500, down from $1000 that we gave for Baden Powell 100th anniversary
  • Fred's Youth Awards $125
  • Oktoberfest $50

Parade of Lights

  • We questioned how effective this is, what is the benefit to Fallingbrook
  • If we are to participate again in 2007, we will have to hold within a smaller budget.

Civic Holiday Fun Fair

  • $1000 has been budgetted
  • We will discuss the format
  • Most of the FCA members at this meeting will not be in Ottawa for August 6
  • Must be a turnkey operation without much participation from FCA

Annual General Meeting

  • Date set for 31 May 2007.
  • Zybina will book the room.
  • This will be our final meeting before September 2007.

Rink Operations

  • Nick has been budgeted $1500 to purchase a new or used snowblower for South Fallingbrook rink.
  • Nick asked about the Maple Ridge tennis court, says it has not been maintained for 2 years.
  • David said the Queenswood Heights Fallingbrook Tennis Club operates other courts.
  • Nick will contact QHF Tennis Club, contact details on our web site, www.fallingbrook.com.

Meeting adjourned at 9:47 pm.

Minutes recorded by David Villeneuve.

Page updated 2012-09-19    Fallingbrook Community Association