Minutes of 16 April 2007
Fallingbrook Community Association
Minutes of the Executive Meeting
16 April 2007
Ray Friel Centre
Zybina Richards, David Villeneuve, Don Pottier,
Eric Tousignant, Marc Cappelli, Nick O'Connell, George Blake, Brenda Spearman
(non executive guests were asked not to attend this policy meeting).
Previous Minutes (David Villeneuve)
- Minutes of Feb 2007 were approved (Eric, Don).
- Don reported that all rink cheques for the season have been
Treasurer's Report (Don Pottier)
- Don submitted the year-end report for FY 2006-07, ending 31 March 2007.
- It showed a deficit of $3792.86.
- Don discussed some of our larger expenses, e.g. Parade of Lights,
- Homeniuk amusement rides will not come this year.
- Don moved and Zybina seconded that the treasurers report for FY2006-07
be accepted. Passed.
- FCA will spend approximately $1500 on Greater Orleans Canada
Day, direct spending on the Kids Tent area that we will continue to
- Garage sale will take place May 26, later than usual due to poor
weather in early May from previous years.
- Zybina will call Harley Bloom about signs, will check in
storage room at NDC for garage sale signs and T-bar posts. She
will advise Marc if new signs are required.
- George will do advertising in local newspapers
- David will be in Germany, so will be unable to help putting up
or taking down signs.
Volunteer Awards Evening
- We will do the volunteer awards event only every second year,
next in 2008.
- There will be no volunteer awards evening in 2007.
Zybina will inform those who have been invited.
- FCA will contribute cash only, no labour.
- Marc will choose a date for the provincial debate this
fall that is acceptable to the candidates. He will advertise
this date to other community groups that may want to hold their own.
- FCA will co-host this and other debates with other community
groups as desired, and costs will be shared.
- Don says that it costs $700 to print, $800 to mail by Canada
Post, each issue.
- He questioned the value of the newsletter, given the amount of
mail we receive.
- Perhaps one Newsletter per year with information about the
- David will look into a way for people to sign up on the
web site to receive monthly electronic newsletters.
- CRC $500
- Scouts $500, down from $1000 that we gave for Baden Powell 100th
- Fred's Youth Awards $125
- Oktoberfest $50
Parade of Lights
- We questioned how effective this is, what is the benefit to
- If we are to participate again in 2007, we will have to hold
within a smaller budget.
Civic Holiday Fun Fair
- $1000 has been budgetted
- We will discuss the format
- Most of the FCA members at this meeting will not be in Ottawa
for August 6
- Must be a turnkey operation without much participation from FCA
Annual General Meeting
- Date set for 31 May 2007.
- Zybina will book the room.
- This will be our final meeting before September 2007.
- Nick has been budgeted $1500 to purchase a new or used
snowblower for South Fallingbrook rink.
- Nick asked about the Maple Ridge tennis court, says it has not
been maintained for 2 years.
- David said the Queenswood Heights Fallingbrook Tennis Club
operates other courts.
- Nick will contact QHF Tennis Club, contact details on our
web site, www.fallingbrook.com.
Meeting adjourned at 9:47 pm.
Minutes recorded by David Villeneuve.